Monday, April 23, 2012

Menu Monday 4/23/2012



This Week’s Meal Plan 4/23 – 4/29

This is the end of the month and we had some bulk purchases, so we are mostly using what is on hand this week. I didn’t get to try another batch of the Homemade Raisin Bran last week, but maybe this week. The carrot cake (sugarcane free) was a success. Even the frosting ended up without powdered sugar since I forgot that I was out. I used maple syrup instead and it was a very pleasant, subtle sweetness, rather than an overpowering sweet frosting.

Breakfast
Soaked and Dehydrated Granola with Yogurt and Strawberries (x2); Egg Puff; Homemade Raisin Bran; Eggs and hashbrowns; Oatmeal with nuts (x2)

Lunch
Leftovers; Quesadillas; PB&J; Egg Salad Sandwiches

Snacks
Fruit and String Cheese; Date Balls; Yogurt with nuts & honey; Granola Trail Mix; Veggies & Spinach Dip; Bananas and PB; Chocolate Chip Cookies

Dinner
  • Thursday: Chicken Parmesan Peppercorn Salad
  • Friday: Venison Spaghetti (from freezer) over brown rice noodles with a salad
  • Sunday: Cheeseburgers and salad
This week I need to get started on making another batch of granola and start getting my seedlings outside for some fresh air and sun during the day. I could be making something with bok choi soon, I may need to thin out the ones growing in the garden. The kale, lettuce, and spinach may have some leaves for picking soon too. Last week my kids sampled a couple of radishes. Everything outside seems to be doing quite well. My seedlings are not nearly as far along as the Fenrick's tomato seedlings, but they should do fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment