Monday, April 30, 2012

Menu Monday 4/30/2012



This Week’s Meal Plan 4/30 – 5/6

Ryan is on vacation this week (HURRAY!) and we are planning to add two more "square foot gardening" sections to our garden as well as a trip to my grandparent’s cabin. My dad will be turkey hunting and my mom is bringing up her horses and of course the dogs too (my kids will be in heaven). Trout fishing opens on the Peshtigo River, so Ryan will enjoy some fly fishing and the kids and I will do lots of hiking/exploring, riding the four-wheeler, and some horseback riding with Oma. Because of our trip, I am a bit unsure of what exactly our menu will be, but I tried to give you an idea of what it might be like.

Breakfast
Fench Toast Casserole; Soaked and Dehydrated Granola with Yogurt; Pancakes and Sausage; Homemade Raisin Bran; Eggs and Bacon; Oatmeal with nuts

Lunch
Leftovers; Sandwiches; Hot Dogs or Brats; Hamburgers; Split Pea Soup

Snacks
Fruit and String Cheese; Trail Mix; Veggies & Dip; Cheese and Crackers; Pistachios; Rhubarb Bars; Raspberry Rhubarb Quinoa Muffins

Dinner
  • Monday: Meatloaf with baked beans and coleslaw
  • Tuesday: Bokchoi Pasta and salad (I need to thin out my bokchoi from the garden)
  • Wednesday: Ham, salad and potatoes or baked beans (at the cabin)
  • Thursday: Ham casserole and salad (at the cabin)
  • Saturday: Dinner out – Broasted Chicken with Coleslaw and Fries
  • Sunday: Pizza and salad (home)
I made another batch of Homemade Raisin Bran last week and it turned out much better than last time. Soon I will share the recipe. If you have any favorite breakfast recipes, please share them! I am starting to get tired of some our options/traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment