Monday, January 23, 2012

Menu Monday - 1/23/2012

Tasty Frittata
Last week when I grabbed a jar from the freezer thinking that it was frozen broccoli pesto for my double broccoli quinoa I was delightfully surprised to find that it was actually the sauce for this incredible frittata (pictured above). We usually only make it in the summer when we are overflowing with zucchini/yellow squash, but when I smelled the sauce and discovered that I had cauliflower left in my fridge - I knew that it had to go on this week's meal plan.

This Week’s Meal Plan: 1/23 – 1/29

Breakfast
Cauliflower & Potato Fritata; Steel cut Oats & Boiled Eggs with Oranges; Apple Cinnamon Porridge Pancakes; Fried Eggs with Kale, Beans and Rice (didn’t get to this last week), Smoothies and Muffins

Lunch
Left-overs mostly; Frozen soup; Grilled Cheese; PB&J

Snacks
Kale Chips, Raisin Bran Muffins, Spelt crackers with cheese, Pears and Cottage Cheese, Hummus Spread and Pita Chips, Popcorn, Squash Custard

Dinner
  • Monday – Korean Bibimbap
  • Tuesday – Black Bean Soup
  • Wednesday – Barbecued Steelhead and Beet Salad
  • Thursday – North African Lemon Chicken with Cilantro and Olives served with Couscous
  • Friday – Ravioli and Salad
  • Saturday – Attending my cousin’s wedding
  • Sunday - Pizza and Salad
Adjustments have been made to my weekly meal planning themes, hopefully they will work better this way. Monday = Rice/Salad, Tuesday = Beans, Wednesday = Fish, Thursday = Meat, Friday = Noodles, Saturday = Soup and Sunday = Pizza. This two week meal planning and themed planning is still working wonderfully for me. Sorry I keep mentioning this, but I am really surprised. I thought for sure I would get bored with the same types of meals each week, but I feel like there is enough room for me to still have some creativity and variety in our weekly menu. I guess it is only January and I may make changes once summer hits and we don't want soup and noodles each week. Do you plan your menu according to themes? What are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment