Monday, January 16, 2012

Menu Monday - 1/16/2012

Black-eyed Peas, Corn and Shrimp Salad over Quinoa

The new two week meal planning/grocery shopping is going well.  It’s like I suddenly have more time with fewer places to go and less time spent on meal planning.  Although my idea of keeping the Wisconsin tradition of Friday night Fish Fry (without the fried fish) was good in theory, it is not working with our schedule.  Oh well – somethings just have to change.

Breakfast
Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Toast with Hard Boiled Eggs and Fruit, Yogurt and Soaked Granola, Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal, Berry & Yogurt Smoothies, Rice and Beans with Kale and Fried Eggs, Sourdough Swedish pancakes

Lunch
We had so many left-overs last week we never got to the other options.  We will likely do the same this week = left-overs, PB&J, grilled cheese and tomato soup, bean and cheese quesadilla

Snacks
Kale chips, Popcorn with EVOO and Spike, Raisin Bran Muffins, Hummus and Veggies, Oranges, Yogurt with Honey and Soaked Walnuts, Chocolate Tapioca Pudding, Date Balls

Dinner

  • Monday: Soba Noodle Stirfry
  • Tuesday: Venison, Beef and Bean Enchiladas & Cabbage Salad
  • Wednesday: Chili Maple Glazed Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Butternut Squash and Sautéed Kale
  • Thursday: Salmon and Double Broccoli Quinoa
  • Friday: Finger Food Game Night with Bible Study = Taco Dip and Hummus App
  • Saturday: Venison Stew
  • Sunday: Pizza and Chocolate Tapioca Pudding
Note about the picture above: Last week I had planned for seafood on Friday, but I often don't plan too much ahead what exactly that will be so that I can get something fresh from the local seafood market.  Well, Friday came and I decided not to run errands that day (see my post on Friday) so I needed to use the shrimp that I already had in my freezer.  I posted on Facebook that I was looking for a shrimp recipe  and my cousin suggested this.  I made a few changes due to what I did and did not have on hand, but it was delicious and worked well over the quinoa.

What is on your menu this week?  Do you have any favorite Real Food Recipes to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment