Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Menu Monday (on Wednesday) 3/12/2012


This Week’s Meal Plan 3/12 – 3/18

I am woefully behind on my blogging. Finally our family is feeling much better after another round of colds, but I am still catching up on sleep and with the nice weather we have been enjoying the outdoors a bit more. It is 3:30am and now I can’t sleep, so I guess I should blog, right? I’m guessing this won’t actually help me go back to bed any faster. Oh well.

Breakfast
Steel cut oats with boiled eggs and grapefruit; Granola; Yogurt with honey and nuts; Eggs and Toast; Granola & Yogurt; Sunrise Sandwiches (on the go); Out of Town

Lunch
Taco left-overs (yum); Hummus wraps with fruit and veggies; PB&J; Egg Salad sandwiches; Quesadillas; Out of Town

Snacks
Ants on a Log; Cheese & Crackers; Fruit; Hummus & Veggies or Pita Chips; Granola Trail Mix; Soft Pretzels (I froze some dough from the last batch)

Dinner
  • Monday: Tacos with Black-eyed Pea Salad
  • Tuesday: Ham Casserole and Salad
  • Wednesday: Grilled Chicken Parmesan Peppercorn Salad
  • Friday: Venison Hungarian Stew in the crockpot and a salad
  • Saturday: Out of Town
  • Sunday: Out of Town

Last  week due to our illness I was feeling rather unmotivated to make what was on our meal plan. One night we made Chef Salads and another night we ordered in some sub sandwiches. And due to being sick we did not go out of town as planned on Saturday, so we had our split pea soup on Saturday and our regular Pizza dinner on Sunday while we watched Mary Poppins. I have actually been enjoying not watching TV during Lent and our new family movie night tradition. When we were all sick, however, I desperately just wanted to sit in front of the TV and veg out; instead I usually went to bed early, probably better for me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment