Monday, April 9, 2012

Menu Monday 4/9/2012


Carne Asada
This Week’s Meal Plan 4/9 – 4/15

My dear husband got me an Excalibur Food Dehydrator for my birthday:)! I am so excited to soak my oats and nuts and dehydrate them to make granola – this should be much easier than what I have been doing/trying. I might try the Raisin Bran cereal in the dehydrator too, we shall see. Oh and making yogurt will be easier and more precise now. Then, this summer, bring on the extra fruit to make fruit leathers. This amazing machine has been on my wish list for awhile, but it is rather large and a bit pricey and there are a few other appliances on my list, so I had not yet made the plunge. I still have Christmas money to spend on some of these items, but couldn’t decide which to get. My hubby helped make the decision for me and I am quite excited to use it.

Breakfast
Oatmeal and boiled eggs; Cottage Cheese Pancakes (from freezer); Homemade Raisin Bran*; Soaked and Dehydrated Granola* with Yogurt (x2); Tasty Frittata*; French Toast

Lunch
Leftovers; Quesadillas

Snacks
Fruit and String Cheese; Graham Crackers with Cream Cheese; Yogurt with nuts & honey; Granola Trail Mix; Peach Quinoa Muffins* (haven’t gotten around to making these)

Dinner
  • Wednesday: Venison and Veggie Soba Noodle Stir Fry
  • Thursday: Pan Fried Walleye with Sweet Potato Fries and Wilted Spinach Salad
  • Sunday: Pizza and Salad

For some reason I seem to be running out of inspiration for meal ideas. Maybe it is due to my “plan/schedule” of Mondays = Rice, Tuesdays = Beans, etc. It seemed to be helping me make sure there was variety in our meals as well as easier for me to plan, but I couldn’t come up with two weeks’ worth of dinners. It’s kind of like writer’s block for me, but its meal planning block. Please share your dinner ideas/plans/favorite meals with me so that I can get out of this block.

*Links with an asterisk will be altered from original recipe (to be made healthier or add more/different ingredients).


No comments:

Post a Comment