Monday, April 16, 2012

Menu Monday 4/16/2012


This Week’s Meal Plan 4/16 – 4/22

I was so excited to finally make it to my second trimester, for many reasons, one of which was gaining back some energy. These last two months have been exhausting for me – making everyday tasks 10x more difficult than normal. Unfortunately I am running into the feeling I had when I was pregnant with my son – lack of motivation. Meal planning is an extreme challenge at the moment as well as cooking meals. Not because I’m tired, I just don’t want to; which is not very typical for me. I may need to take a break from blogging for awhile, but should continue my meal plans - as I need to keep myself accountable. If you see any menu ideas that you would like a recipe for, please let me know.

Breakfast
Oatmeal (x2) with nuts and fruit or boiled eggs; Soaked and Dehydrated Granola with Yogurt and Strawberries (x2); Egg Puff; Homemade Raisin BranEggs with toast or rice; French Toast Casserole


Lunch
Leftovers; Quesadillas; PB&J; Egg Salad Sandwiches

Snacks
Graham Crackers and milk; Smoothies; Yogurt with nuts & honey; Granola Trail Mix; Veggies; Frozen Smoothie Pops; Bananas and PB; Carrot Cake – I’m going to attempt to avoid sugarcane of any sort and use dates and maple syrup, but maybe I’ll sacrifice and use some powdered sugar for the frosting

Dinner
  • Saturday: Soup from freezer
  • Sunday: Pizza and Salad

The new dehydrator is working great, but because of my lack of motivation/planning it took me a lot longer than I had anticipated getting all of my granola ingredients soaked and dehydrated. Needless to say, this did not get made last week, nor did the raisin bran or the yogurt. Now that the ingredients are soaked and dehydrated, I can make granola this week. And yogurt hopefully today.


*The magazine also has a Sweet and Spicy Sauce version which our family prefers - unfortunately it is not listed in this posting of the recipe, but at least you can get an idea of the recipe/details.

No comments:

Post a Comment