Monday, June 13, 2011

This Week’s Meal Plan: 6/13/2011


Last week we were able to take a walk on our nearby trail and have a picnic lunch before heading back home - I look forward to more of this now that the weather is getting nice again. When I opened up our CSA box there were bunches of beautiful leaf lettuce, I immediately thought of lettuce wraps .  A couple of years ago a Korean friend gave me a recipe for Bulgogi - a Korean version of lettuce wraps with marinated pepper steak beef (or venison in our case), rice and veggies.  This week I’ll be trying a new lettuce wrap recipe and finally making Bulgogi - I can't wait to try it myself!

Italicized items below are already in my pantry, fridge or freezer.

Breakfast
Savory kale breakfast bars, Yogurt with homemade granola and peaches; Oatmeal muffins and Green Smoothies; Overnight Steel cut oats and grapefruit (x2); Whole Grain Banana flax waffles

Lunch
Chef Salad; Tuna Quesadillas; Mac-n-cheese; PB & Peach sandwiches;
Left-overs (x3)

Snacks
Fruit and cheese; Trail mix; Veggies & PB; Oatmeal muffins with homemade peach butter; Whole Grain Banana Walnut Bread

Dinner
Pac Choi Pasta; Fish and Swiss Chard; Lettuce Wraps; Venison Blugogi; Frozen Pizza; Moroccan Lemon Chicken; Rice, greens and beans with fried eggs

What are your favorite healthy snacks?

No comments:

Post a Comment