Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Waiting



Several times a day I use the words, “please wait” or “just a minute” with my kids. Often my daughter will complain or say, “I can’t wait.” My son, who doesn’t have as many words, will throw a tantrum or say, “too hard.” When I find myself in a period of waiting (for God to answer) I must admit that I react in much the same way. Currently I am in a period of waiting…each day brings me closer to the end of the waiting, but I still find it difficult to wait.

Why is it so hard to wait on the Lord? Does God not know what is best for me? Do I somehow think that by getting the answer sooner it will somehow make life better for me? Unfortunately I have not been good at memorizing scripture, but the verses that I have memorized are often due to a song. Proverbs 3:5-6 is one of those verses that stays with me as I recall the song in my head. I know that the Lord has me in mind when I am in a period of waiting even if I don’t understand.


Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.


Lord, as I wait on You, please help me to trust that You will provide me with what is BEST for me, even though it may not always be what I asked for.


How do you deal with waiting? Are there any scripture verses that help you?

2 comments:

  1. I don't deal with waiting well at all but the verse that always comes to me is : Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that is a good one. Thanks Katy for sharing.

      Delete