Monday, May 16, 2011

This Week's Meal Plan: 5/16/2011


As it is with any good plan, it doesn’t always get carried out exactly as we plan.  Last week we never got to the Strata, so we will try again this week.  At least if I have a plan then I am more likely to make something from my list because I should have the ingredients on hand.  After I made and posted my menu from last week I realized that we were going to be eating a lot of rice that week.  So, I switched things up a bit and used some soba noodles in place of the rice for one dish and have some of the cooked noodles left for a meal this week.  And I even have some pancakes in the freezer for a weekday breakfast in the future.  You  may notice that the dry goods from my pantry (above) lent much inspiration to my meal planning this week.

Italicized items below are already in my pantry, fridge or freezer.

Breakfast
Yogurt with homemade granola and fresh fruit; Almond Butter Berry Smoothie; Steel cut oats with dates and boiled eggs; Caramelized Onion, Spinach & Ham Strata (check for recipe on Thursday), Swedish Pancakes

Lunch
Left-overs; PB&J; Tuna quesadillas; Black bean quesadillas

Snacks
Popcorn with olive oil and sea salt; cheese and crackers; apple slices with PB; string cheese and fruit; trail mix; veggies and PB; Frozen smoothie pops

Dinner
Tri-color peppers with Italian Turkey Sausage over buckwheat soba noodles; Frozen Fish, salad and sweet potatoes; Tortilla Soup; Fiesty Green Beans or Asparagus Stirfry (depending on if I can get asparagus at the farmers market); Venison Gyros and salad; Apricot Quinoa Salad & Tuna Quesadillas; Grilled Chicken Tender Salad

How or when do you plan out your meals?  

No comments:

Post a Comment