Monday, July 11, 2011

This Week’s Meal Plan: 7/11/2011


I guess I wasn’t really thinking about my plans for the week when I made up my menu last week.  Instead I was focusing on all the CSA veggies that were in my fridge.  So, the menu changed due to our rummage sale over the weekend.  I don’t think I’ve ever done a rummage sale as extensive as this one - it was a lot of work.  Hot, tired and burnt by the end of the first day I couldn’t do a whole lot of meal prep.  We went for hot dogs and brats on the grill that night with a cabbage salad (finding out that curly cabbage is a bit too thick for this sort of application) and a “Lazy Cabbage Roll” crockpot meal (finding a more suitable use for the curly cabbage) for the next night.  This week will have some repeats from last week’s menu since we did not get to it last week.  Later in the week the kids and I will head down to my parents' house for a visit while extended family is in town – so Ryan will be on his own for meals as he pounds out his Master's thesis.

Italicized items below are already in my pantry, fridge or freezer.

Breakfast
Cottage Cheese Pancakes; Savory Collard Breakfast Squares; Cereal and Fruit; Whole Grain Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins with yogurt or boiled eggs; Yogurt, Fruit and Granola Parfaits; Overnight Cocoa Date Steel Cut oats (similar to this) & Fruit; Eggs and English muffins

Lunch
Leftovers (x4); Hummus Wraps; PB&J; Quesadillas

Snacks
Hummus and Veggies; Frozen Smoothie Pops; Kohlrabi; Fruit and String Cheese; Chunky Monkey Shake (frozen bananas, milk, walnuts and Ovaltine blended); cheese and crackers; Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies; Graham Crackers and milk; Kale Chips

Dinner
Venison Fajitas with black eyed peas and corn salad; Cashew Curry over rice; Warm Cabbage and Chicken Salad with Gorgonzola and Toasted Walnuts; Fish with a warm Swiss Chard and Beets salad; frozen pizza; grilled hot dog or brat and fresh from the garden salad; grilled falafel burger and veggies


Have you planned and carried out a rummage sale?  How did it go?

No comments:

Post a Comment