Monday, February 27, 2012

Menu Monday 2/27/2012



This Week’s Meal Plan: 2/27 – 3/4

Breakfast
Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal (3x); Multi-grain Waffles; Morning Hot Cereal Mix and grapefruit; Eggs & Sourdough English Muffins; Yogurt with nuts and honey

Lunch
Left-overs mostly; OR Chicken Sandwiches or wraps; Peanut Butter & Honey Toast; Pot Roast and Pickles  Sandwiches (a family tradition)

Snacks
5-Layer Dip with Pita Chips; Cheesy Bread; Homemade Soft Pretzels (didn’t get to this last week); Popcorn with Spike & Nutritional Yeast; Fruit and string cheese; Veggies & Hummus

Dinner
  • Monday – Crockpot Pot Roast, potatoes, and salad
  • Tuesday – Grilled Chicken and Butternut Squash with Wild Rice Pilaf
  • Wednesday – Meat Loaf and Baked Beans with Wilted Spinach Salad
  • Thursday – Fish Fry with Hall Family Coleslaw (recipe coming soon) and oven fries
  • Friday – Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo with Soba Noodles
  • Saturday – Lentil Soup
  • Sunday – Pizza

So, I’m not sure that the order of my meals matters that much. This week I had to tweak the order a bit according to what I have on hand and when I am going to the store. Also, it is the end of the month, so I need to wait until my budget replenishes as of March 1st before doing my next major grocery run. Well, I never made it to the local meat store that I was hoping to get to, but was able to get a few cuts of meat from our CSA that we haven’t had an opportunity to get earlier in the season. I’m still craving ham (and split pea soup and other ham related meals that we often make with the left-overs) and need to pick up some corned beef for St. Patrick’s Day, so my plan is to go this coming Saturday to check out the store with lots of local grassfed meat!

No comments:

Post a Comment